- True Dual Mono Class A Analogue topology
- Zero negative feedback
- Sabre ES9018 High-End D/A converter
- USB input compatible with following audio formats via PC/MAC/Linux: PCM: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8 and 384 kHz, up to 32 bits DSD via USB: DSD64 (2.822MHz, 3.072MHz), DSD128 (5.644MHz, 6.144MHz), DSD256* (11.2896MHz) and DSD512* (22.5792MHz)
- XLR, BNC inputs compatible with PCM: 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, up to 32 bits
- TOSLink input compatible with PCM: 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2 and 96kHz
- User-selectable PCM and DSD digital roll-off filters
- Temperature-compensated, ultra-low jitter crystal oscillator with better than 5 parts per million accuracy
- Super-Capacitor (12.5 Farad!) power supply for USB module - acts like a true battery supply
- First-order PCM analogue filters and second-order DSD analogue filters with Polypropylene capacitors
- Analogue output stages with discrete, ultra-low noise +/- 15VDC regulated voltage supplies for excellent analogue THD and noise suppression
- Multiple Local Voltage regulators for best digital noise suppression
- Discrete, separate left/right channel ultra-low noise power supply for analogue section of ES9018 DAC
- Ultra-short signal path
- Minimal internal wiring
- One four-layer printed circuit boards with 70µm copper
- PCB-mounted sockets eliminate wiring and shorten signal path
- Gold-plated Swiss Neutric XLR socket for one balanced 110 Ohm AES/EBU source
- Gold-plated 75 Ohm BNC sockets with Teflon insulation for one S/PDIF source
- One TOSLink optical input
- Designed and built in Denmark
*(at the moment, DSD256 and DSD512 only on Windows systems).
Gryphon Audio Designs reserves the right to change specifications without further notice.
Diablo 120 DAC Module
The Diablo 120 DAC module is the perfect match for the new Diablo 120 integrated amplifier. With the DAC installed, the Diablo 120 display informs you about the active digital input, sampling frequency, PCM/DSD format and selected digital filter setting.
At the time of original purchase or as the need arises at a later date, Gryphon Diablo 120 can be fitted with a specially designed Gryphon DAC module based on the innovative, award-winning Gryphon Kalliope digital-to- analogue converter. The module adds four digital inputs (USB, balanced AES/EBU 115 Ω, TOSLink optical and BNC S/PDIF 75 Ω). USB can process PCM up to 32-bit/384 kHz as well as DSD (on Windows OS up to DSD512, on Mac OS up to DSD128, on Linux OS up to DSD128 DoP); via BNC S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital inputs up to192 kHz/32-bit PCM and via TOSLink up to 96 kHz/24-bit PCM. Format compatibility of the various inputs is subject to change without notice.
This future-proof digital module is ready for any current or foreseeable high resolution digital format.